Well I've made it all the way across West Virginia now. Sitting in the public library in Parkersburg talkin on Gchat and trying to decide how to continue.
People
Ok so I need to mention Chris and Paula
They are amazing people, I met them on the road up to Dolly Sods (the biggest elevation change I've done so far I wish i knew what it was)... so any way Chris rolled down his window and offered me a ride and I had been fine to keep walking but as soon as he offered my will collapsed and I just said yes. So they took me up to Red Creek Campground which is where I was going to rejoin the American Discovery Trail; by the time we got there though Chris had offered to let me stay with them and then he could take me all the way to Parkersburg! So I hiked around 11 miles through the Dolly Sods trails (amazing area btw I wish I could have spent like 2 or 3 days there) I finished the trails right when they pulled up at the parking lot after finishing their trail the timing couldn't have been better!
I have to say they really inspired me to try harder with the whole walking thing just by telling me about their epic 30something day trip that they took this summer all over the US.
So then Chris took me to Parkersburg and here I am.
The computer is telling me I'm out of time though so I gotta go, I'll update again in Ohio!!
- Gonna get there any day now
Hey man, first off you should definitely hit up Hocking Hills which is pretty close to Athens, OH. There are campgrounds and some pretty cool hiking trails with some neat natural rock formations and small falls and stuff like that. I went camping down there once when I was up there at school. After that I don't know about too much that's really on your way except that I know some people in Columbus but that's kinda far north of 50. I do know a really cool chick named Bevin that lives somewhere in Cincinati though, which 50 goes right by, so maybe once you get closer to the West side of OH I could work out a way for you to meet up. Well that's about all, I've gotta run. Keep livin it up man!
ReplyDeleteRyan