Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First Rain

The first rain was pretty crucial, it got super windy and was dropping branches all around us while we were walking. We made it to the Leopards Mill campsite and set the tent up while the rain was starting. I spent the whole time it was raining thinking that I had done something wrong with the tent but the only thing I think I did wrong was position the tarp so rain could get under the tent which kinda sucked but it's nice and sunny now so I've got the tent flipped over and am drying it out.



Sooo Sarah left Monday night *sadface* all alone now and loving it?? We shall see how the next week goes lol. Pics kinda dark but it's the last shot of Sarah.


Walked around 14 miles today (Tuesday) feet are feeling the extra weight now that I can't dump stuff on Sarah :D beard is finally startin to come in too yay.




I am really thinking that I would love to spend the winter in Aspen, kinda wanted to do that since I had the idea for the trip but never really thought I would go through with it. From what Billingsly has told me it should be possible but like who knows what the job/housing market will be like out there by the time I finally get there.

Also sat down and actually mapped out my rout through West Virginia and Ohio. Interestingly there are more tow s closer together in WestVA then there are in Ohio which for some reason I didn't expect. I'm thinking that since I'm going to be dealing with a lot more elevation changes (compared to the towpath) that I might get a little cart or something from a bike shot to just tow behind mr with my gear to make it easier on my back.. Not sure if I'm gonna do that cuz I have no idea how much those little trailers cost.

Wednesday, walking with Anthony so nice to have somebody to walk with again!



And finally I think I need to blog more often cuz this post is just getting way to long sorry guys!

tl;dr Tent got wet, Sarah left, feet hurt, and Aspen sounds hella fun and Anthony is cool.
- Gonna get there any day now

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, this is Ryan Keith, I guess this is just an fyi but I do know people pretty much all over Ohio. I dunno if your trails go by an of the bigger cities or towns or anything like that, but if I know what areas you were going through I might be able to hook you up with a couch or a bed and a shower or somethin like that. Unfortunately there's just not a whole lot in southern Ohio, which is probably where your route is taking you you, but it's just a thought. Anyway, hope you're livin up every day man, we're all wishin you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks likes someone mom and dad would know from college.

    Keep it up Pete!!

    ReplyDelete